Friday, August 31, 2012

Diamond Fork with Ethan

So today is my off Friday, making this a 4-day weekend for me. I thought I would kick it off with a trip to the river with my favorite fishing buddy Ethan. We headed up to Diamond Fork around 9am. The time is important because as we were driving up Diamond Fork road, we passed at least 5 vehicles. This was making me a little nervous. All of my spots had cars in them. I kept driving to one of the spots Rob and I fished last month, just above the first campground. In fact it was the same spot Rob hooked into a couple of nice browns, so I knew fish were there. I tied on a brown stone fly with a psycho prince nymph. 2 casts in and landed this beauty.
It was Ethan's first fly fishing excursion and he loved it.  He asked when he gets his own fly rod.  It gave me goose bumps.

2 comments:

Tom Merrill said...

Oooh! Way to go, Ethan! Don't let your dad hog the fly rod.

Nice fish and a great report.

Rick Merrill said...

Train a child when he is young...