Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Heather Happy Birthday to Tom!

So today Tom turned the big 4-0 so Heather & I decided that since she didn't get called in to work today we should go fishing in his honor.  American Fork River was calling us and didn't disappoint.  To celebrate Tom's birthday we caught more fish than he is years old--a mixture of browns and rainbows.

We set up a hopper-dropper setup with a medium grasshopper trailing a green copper John, size 16 about 16" below the hopper.  Heather managed to fish without losing a single fly.  Quite an accomplishment given the overhead trees, overhanging brush, and feisty fish.  I, on the other hand, went through 11 green copper Johns and 6 hoppers that were sacrificed to the trees up well out of reach.  I did break some off on fish (Farmer!) and on one of them I watched my hopper slowly dive under the water and then swim away upstream into the depth of the hole.

A hearty Happy Birthday to you Tom!


No comments: