Tuesday, September 4, 2012

On the way to BYU-I Part 1

 
The RAV4 was full to the brim with boxes of Sarah's stuff, with just enough room in the back corner for waders and rods.  Our plan was to drive up over Lolo Pass to Missoula on Tuesday, then down to Rexburg on Wednesday.  With a little bit of a late start and long driving time, we made it to the Lochsa River very late in the day with just a little bit of time to sample the fishing.  I couldn't stand driving by the river for long without stopping, so I stopped and tossed an orange stimulator for a few minutes in the lower section where it isn't catch and release.  I caught one dink in pocket water near shore, then had three rises of good, chunky fish to long casts across a current, but missed all three.  Continued on to the C&R section, late evening, fished a nice run with rises at times to almost every cast, some hookups, no size to them.  Beautiful stream, wish I had more time to work it a little harder.  Based on my results, I'd fish more in the lower sections.  It would be a long drive to come over here just to fish this (almost 5 hours).  On across Lolo pass in the dark, so no admiring the scenery.
Lochsa Cutt

No comments: