Monday, July 7, 2014

Ethan & Livi & Nebo, oh my!

Olivia, Ethan & I went fishing today while Brian and Tanner are at the Remix Vocal Camp in Provo.  About the time we stepped into the water of Diamond Fork both kids said, "Is it time for lunch yet? We're hungry."  So after fishing five holes with six different flies with nary a fish looking at them we decided to stop for lunch.

Is it time for lunch yet Uncle Rob?
 After lunch we headed to Nebo Creek where there was more success, though the fish were incredibly skittish in the clear water.  I spooked six fish before I had a single one rise to the fly.  Ethan is pictured with the first fish of the day.
Brown trout--"Is it smiling for the picture?"

Hold it so I can see it but easy on the squeeze please.
 The Irresistable was the fly of choice once again.  Even in the pocket water had to cast about 20-25' to avoid spooking the fish.  Once we got it dialed in caught 14-15 browns.
Livi with a nice brown.  (Her dad needs to teach her how to hold fish for photos.)
 In one of the last holes was surprised to watch a nice fish come up and eat the fly and when it came in it was a cutt rather than a brown.  I don't remember catching any cutts in this stream before, but it was nice to see one.  I like staying at Amy's!
Bonneville cutthroat?

1 comment:

Rick Merrill said...

You'll be the most popular uncle if you keep taking the kids fishing! I love Utah water! You are fishing a different stretch than I was on when I went and didn't find or see many fish - the stream didn't look like that.