Monday, August 23, 2010

Pleasant Creek

On the drive around Boulder Mountain, I was determined to fish somewhere. After reluctantly passing by Calf Creek so I would have time to fish somewhere new, I briefly stopped at Oak Creek and found it more a swampy low spot in a meadow near the highway. Continuing just down the road, Pleasant Creek was much more pleasant. Just a short distance downstream from the highway, we hiked a short distance and found a beautiful stream full of some of the prettiest brookies I have caught, along with the occasional rainbow. The stream is quite brushy, with some open Meadow areas in this section. After missing quite a number of fish, Jessica began remembering her skills and hooked a couple. Lots of fish if you can get to them without spooking them. I fished a renegade, Jess fished a humpy. Both worked marvelously. This stream is well worth a stop if you are passing by.









No comments: