Thursday, March 31, 2011

Incredible Doubles



Today was the last day of steelhead season so Rob, Tom, Dad, and Dave Hemion went to the Twisp Hole. The river flow had increased about 25% since Rick was there two days ago and there was some color. I had to dodge a couple of logs that were floating down the river while I was standing near "Pride Rock".

I finally got the skunk off my season and landed some steelhead. Thanks to Tom for getting me to the right place!

The thing that was truly unbelievable today was the number of double hookups we had. Every time I got a fish on, I had fish on both the upper fly and the dropper fly! I have never had a day like that before when I caught eight fish in a morning. You can check out the photo above!

I know it pales to the number of fish that Rick and Tom put up, but I will rest satisfied in the knowledge that my conversion percentage--80%--is tops. I'll also acknowledge that I'd probably rather land 16/32 than fewer fish. =-)




No comments: