Sunday, May 10, 2009

Some Fish for Me!

I went to the Stake Father and Son's Outing on Friday and Saturday at Ensign. I called a somewhat less active family with a son and joked that I needed to have a son to go to the outing. His mom said he wasn't planning on going. About 5 minutes after I hung up, the phone rang. It was the less active boy. He said he'd be happy to go along with me so I could go on the outing. I wasn't going to turn him down.

Fished Friday evening in the lake. Lots of takes, but with no room for a backcast or a hookset it was hard to get a strip set on the little planters. After several takes from the little guys I put another strip set on a take. Then the excess line quickly peeled off! Several jumps and runs later I landed a 19" bow from the lake. VERY healthy and VERY fiesty.

The next morning I took Mark and Emmett out. We got one little guy which Emmett landed and posed next to while I held it. It reminded me of a picture of Mark, Jon and myself at Grandpa Ed's fishing ponds where I was holding a fish, Jon was holding 2 fish, and Mark was pretending to hold a fish (which I assume Jon must have been holding). Like father, like son!

Yakima River was off color and very high. No takes in a few casts there.

FISH ON!

2 comments:

Mom A said...

Where are the pics??

Tom Merrill said...

Come on, Marky! Let's post Emmett's glory shot!