Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Day at Lenice

Finally downloaded pics from Memorial Day with Tom at Lake Lenice. Weather was nice, a little breezy at times. Water temp wasn't too warm after the recent cooler weather. Started about 11:30 am. Only a couple others on the lake. Fishing was not spectacular, but we found some. Tom had a few dragging a leech, more on chironmids. I had none trolling, and about a half dozen on chironimids. Action was very sporadic, would hit one, then nothing. Moved around quite a bit, finally had a brief spurt of consistent action on chironomids off the reef towards the west end of the lake. Tom headed home about 3:30. I stayed and kicked up to the inlet end where a father an son had been having more action than we had been having. Not much for me until I asked what he had been finding them on. He answered a size 20 chironomid, a couple sizes smaller than I had been using. Tied one of those on the dropper, had a couple takedowns, then things died there. Worked back down to the bay opposite the launch and found a couple. Left about 5 pm. Moving water opens soon. Lakes are OK to fill in the time, but I will be glad to get back to streams.






No comments: