Friday, May 1, 2015

May Day!

What better way to celebrate May Day than to look at Mayflies--while fishing.  Also, responding positively when Tom asks, "May I go fishing with you to the FRC?" and "May I see what fly you are using?"  But especially when he queries, "May I net that fish for you?" which he did numerous times this morning.
Tom did a fantastic job netting this fish for me

We did some brother bonding today with sunshine and calm, in contract to the "fast and furious" wind Dad & I experienced earlier this week.  Mostly various colored buggers near the surface and deep, though Tom found some very fast action near the end of our morning visit when he changed to a minnow imitation that had them ignoring all the other offerings I tried to put in front of them!

Tom had the fish of the morning and it was a great way to get an early start to the weekend.  Sorry you used up your fishing time last night Rick.  :-(   We'd have loved to have some of your magic with us, but we did the best we could on our own.

I did an "adequate" job netting this one for him


No comments: