Friday, August 26, 2022

Streams 143 and 144

Rick is slowly approaching 150 streams in Washington where he has caught trout. It takes a little more intentionality to find new streams, but is an excuse to visit new areas. On a day trip to NE Washington to visit Rob's daughter at their family farm, I stopped at a couple little streams that Rob had recently scoped out. The first was a beautiful little stream where I found three nice little rainbows in our short stop. My daughter Melinda had chances at three or four, but was a little slow on the set. Still was fun for her to lay the fly out and see the strikes. The hooking will come with more practice.

A quick stop at a second stream on the way home (it was really "on the way" home for a change) nabbed me stream number 144. It was really small, but not as small as I've found trout in before. After missing a few, I finally got a little one to hand.

Time to get serious and make a few more intentional trips to reach 150...

No comments: