Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Spring at the FRC (Fighting Rainbow Club)

Rob and I met for a morning of fishing at the FRC. Governor Jay Inslee was lifting restrictions on fishing in the state around this time, so I may be a little vague on the date. However, Rob did graduate from the University of Oklahoma (Sooners)...

No photos, quite a few fish. Rob mostly trolled in the boat with green and black buggers, and consistently hit fish. I mostly fished balanced leech and chironomids. Sporadic success, until the last hour or so I dialed in on the bottom in about 16 ft of water in the NE corner, olive balanced leech and black chewy chironomid. Was picking up a fish about every 5 minutes. I landed a 22-inch rainbow and 21-inch brown, lots in the 15-18 inch range. Rob about the same.
Rick

No comments: