Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Hollis' Birthday Present

I gave Hollis a float trip with his favorite father-in-law with Red's on the Yakima River tossing hoppers during high summer flows.  Only problem--a co-worker got called to jury duty and Hollis day off got cancelled.  What to do?  Michelle's response, "When the going gets tough, the tough go fishing!" so she came instead.  Our guide was Mike Canady of Red's.  Our first time fishing with him, but Dad & I will be with him for a week in Ascension Bay, Mexico next March so it was good to get to know him.

Great lunch on the river--thanks Mike!
We floated from Ringer to Milepost 10, a good 15 miles of river.  I'd landed two fish in the first four minutes of the float.  Fish most the day--way too many misses.  What do you expect? I'm a double visioned farmer.  We fished hoppers dry all day long.

In the last half hour we finished with four very nice fish, three of which are pictured with Michelle.  I didn't have her take a picture of mine because: #1 Mary says I have way too many pictures of me holding fish and #2 I think her biggest fish was bigger than mine, but didn't want to leave photographic proof.
Michellle--Happy Birthday Hollis!
Michelle again very happy for Hollis' birthday

Michelle with a pink hopper for her pink rod--this was the bug of the day!
A great day with Michelle and Mike.  Maybe Michelle will let Hollis go fishing if I give her a float trip for her birthday?




Did we mention that Michelle had a Happy Hollis Birthday?

2 comments:

Rick Merrill said...

Looks like a great day! I like fishing with girls better anyway! (No offence Hollis, I just don't have much choice in my family)

Heather said...

Simon wished he could have floated the river with you, but unfortunately he had to work. I know he'd love to go with you another time.