Saturday, July 6, 2013

It Could Have Been 100

I invited Rick to come to Heather's to get #100 notched, but he was unable to come--too bad.  First, I tried to prevent Brian from catching more fish that I did by tying him up in some waders (see photo) but he ran away, grabbed his rod, and outfished Simon and me.

Brian escaping wader confinement
The three of us fished Sheep Creek which runs through the ranch where Heather and Simon live.  We found Brook Trout and Rainbows.  Brian caught more than Simon and me combined, but we all did catch fish.

Brian with a Sheep Creek brookie
After that, when Simon had to go to work Brian, Mary and I went to the north and south forks of Chewelah Creek.  I did find Brown Trout and Rainbows in the north fork, but fishing was really tight and really brushy.  I had to do most of the fishing slingshot style and be really careful.  A fun day.

We also identified two other streams where we want to go fishing next time.  I'll save those for a future report.

Wish you'd been here Rick.  It would have been fun to be with you for #100!


Brian with a Sheep Creek rainbow

2 comments:

Rick Merrill said...

Sad I couldn't make it! It appears there is good reason to visit Simon and Heather (even if it ends up being #101 or 102 or something). I thought the N Fork Chewelah would be fun to explore more. Remember my description in the blog from last year - "full of toothpicks" - pretty accurate, no? And the S Fork was so small and brushy it was virtually unfishable except at a bridge, where I did find a 3" trout...

Heather said...

You should come visit us sometime, Rick!