Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Grandpa does it again

Dad did it again yesterday when we were at the FRC.  He landed the biggest rainbow and hooked an even bigger one.  We had sunshine and calm so the shadow of the boat and lines was spooking the fish.  Water is crystal clear so I saw them scatter as we approached and as the lines passed overhead.  It made for some challenges, but better than Saturday when I was there with Scott and Keenan fighting what seemed to be gale force winds.  I caught bigger fish on Saturday than yesterday.

Biggest to net was 17" for Dad.  I caught mostly little guys.  Dad had a BEAST to the boat, but I was unable to net it and it ran again (probably saw my ugly mug) and then it straightened out his hook.  Kind of tough to land one with a straight hook.  I'd have like to have gotten it into the net to measure and get a photo.

1 comment:

Rick Merrill said...

I don't think I want you trying to net my fish...