Sunday, July 24, 2011

Rob & the scouts @ Myrtle Lake

Plans for the scout hike got changed due to lots of snow in our planned destination along with snow covering backup plan #1 as well as backup location #2. Well, when the going gets tough, the tough go fishing. So we went instead to Myrtle Lake up the Entiat River. Good thing since it was a training hike and one of our boys who is new and has some difficulty hiking took 4.5 hours to get to the lake compared to 2.0 hours for Brian and the faster crew. However, to give incentive to the boys to go back and help the slower one, the adult at the end of the line, was the one with the lunch!

Lots of brook trout in Myrtle Lake. Several boys had their first ever experience fishing and catching fish. I like being scoutmaster--it gives me reason to take these boys and introduce them to the great outdoors, and fishing too!


Sorry, I couldn't get any of my images to upload to the blog today.=-(

2 comments:

Rick Merrill said...

Good to finally see some activity from someone else besides me! I guess Tom doesn't post anymore unless he catches a fish over 20" (which must be why he never posts!)

Tom Merrill said...

Rick. Post done. My 23" bow outweighed all the fish you caught in your 3 new streams combined. Plus it outweighed your #7 meal with OJ.