Saturday, October 30, 2010

Whitefishing....

I had such a good time last week on the Methow hauling in the whitefish, I got permission from Elizabeth to hit the Wenatchee to see if I could find some more whities. She said to bring a few home this time to try a new recipe from the whitefish cookbook I got her for her last birthday. But alas, it was a bad day. I worked several stretches of the river really hard, but no whities to be found. I did hook this steelhead one of the many times my backcast was hitting the water behind me (when it wasn't in the trees or breaking off hooks on the rocks). I threw it back though; I'm a true believer in white meat and bones now - nothing better than a fish with lips.


2 comments:

Tom Merrill said...

Hijacked post!

Rick Merrill said...

The price of not meeting your posting obligations! Are we really to believe that you haven't been fishing since 3/25/10 (the date of your last post)? At least there is now a record that you went fishing on this day, even if it does overrepresent your skills a little!