Saturday, May 15, 2010

FRC May 14, 2010

Rob and I met at the FRC for an afternoon of fishing before his scouts showed up for an overnight campout. Most of the action was from about 2 pm to 3:30 pm, when I landed 4 'bows, two about 20" and the other two newbies (about 12" to 14"). I didn't keep a tally on Rob. Mine all came on a conehead olive bugger/sculpin type fly and a green damsel nymph, fished on a floating line. Then things went cold. After an hour break, I spent another 2 1/2 hours kicking around, floating line, sinking line, different flies, waiting for an evening bite that never materialized. I landed one more small guy and a few mini-bluegill. I probably had at least another dozen or more hit the fly without getting the hook into them. Thanks for the trip, Rob!




No comments: