Tuesday, March 30, 2010

About Time An Anderton Posted

Visit this link for a brief account of my first fish landing since my lone steelhead out of the Jon Bon Jovi hole at Bella Coola. Fished with some sparkly lures in the morning then moved to long plastic worms and different sparkly lures in the afternoon (I know, I can't match the fishing lingo that litters this blog). Lunch consisted of salami sandwiches, beef jerky and bottled water. Water temp was very warm, as Fayette County Lake is fed by a neighboring coal plant. I didn't find out until after the trip that it's best to long-arm the fish in pictures, creating the illusion that the fish is bigger than it really is. FYI, this was a 2-3 pounder.

4 comments:

Tom Merrill said...

Jon,

It looks like you are trying to flash a gang sign while holding up the fish!

Nice fish, though. We'll work on the proper "long arm technique".

Rick Merrill said...

Sparkly lures? Sounds a bit light in the waders to me...you've been living on the west side a little too long, I think. But it was nice to see a post from a the Anderton side!

DrRobFish said...

Nice looking bass. Way to go Jon. I hope we see more posts from you. I'll have to try to get Marky-mark out some this year.

DrRobFish said...

I checked out the website of the guy you fished with. No wonder he had you using sparkly things for lures. His webpage has sparkly moving things all around it. He is going for consistency from website to fishing site. Good marketing strategy!